Ray White Byron Bay – Conditions of Letting
1. Making a Booking: A provisional booking can be made through our website www.holidaysbb.com, by calling 02 6685 6222. Temporary bookings/booking requests are held for 48 hours only pending receipt of the deposit. The minimum stay on all properties is 3 nights (this may be higher on some properties). If a booking covers both Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve, the booking must for at least 12 days. Other booking date restrictions may apply as advised by Ray White Byron Bay. New Year’s bookings that commence on 26th Dec or early January bookings that commence on 1st or 2nd January must be pre-approved by Ray White Byron Bay.
2. Deposit: A deposit of 50% of total rent plus $55 non-refundable booking fee is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking. Payment can be made by cheque, bank transfer or credit card on our website. Please note there is a credit card fee of 2.5% for Visa and Mastercard. Amex payments must be made by phone with a fee of 2.64%
3. Security Bond: A $1000 Security Bond is required for all bookings and will be processed 1-3 working days prior to check-in ($2000 for Schoolies bookings). The bond will be processed as a pre-authorisation on the guest’s nominated VISA or MASTERCARD. The security bond is refunded to you within 7-10 working days following an inspection and subject to the further conditions in this agreement, provided the premises are left in the same condition as you found it. If a bond deduction occurs, considerable administration is required and a $55 fee will apply.
4. Cancellations, Date Changes and Alterations: All cancellations will incur a $110 administration fee and the non-refundable $49 booking fee. In the event that this office has to cancel your booking, a full refund will be made.
If the booking is cancelled 3 months or more prior to commencement date the deposit will be refunded minus the administration and booking fee.
If the booking is cancelled less than 3 months prior to commencement date, any refund is subject to a confirmed re-booking of the premises for the total booked period.
Refunds are not available when shortening your stay.
Date changes are only possible at the discretion of Ray White Byron Bay and may incur cancellation fees as well as rent charges against the original booking. Any additional rent charges due to changes in season will apply.
5. Unsatisfied / cleaning complaint: If you find your property has not been cleaned or there are items to report, please contact our office immediately so we can instruct our cleaners to attend as soon as possible. If maintenance or cleaning is required, we will require access at the first available opportunity to rectify the issue. If you are unsatisfied or choose to depart prior to your departure date, we do not refund rental costs either in full or part thereof. No provision can or will be made for relocation if accommodation is deemed unsatisfactory on arrival other than on the basis that the full rental paid be forfeited and the full tariff on new premises is paid prior to tenure. We cannot relocate guests. We are mindful of not misinterpreting any of our properties. Many of Ray White Byron Bay properties are located in suburban locations where, from time to time, there may be building / construction on houses within the nearby vicinity of the property booked. Ray White Byron Bay takes no responsibility for any issues relating to noise on neighbouring properties.
6. Description of Property: The description of our properties is on the Internet and is given in good faith by us as agents. We are mindful of not misrepresenting any rental property. Ray White Byron Bay will not be held responsible for changes to and or items removed from the property after the time of your booking. The property is decorated and furnished to the individual owner’s preference and we take no responsibility for any unmet expectations of guests, or any changes made by the owner to the furnishings, equipment or décor in the property. No refund will be given if you are unsatisfied with your accommodation. If you choose to exit prior to your departure date, we do not refund rental costs. Guests must accept premises as “booked”. You cannot be relocated unless full tariff is paid for another property. Changes to the property grounds and/or surrounds, outside of our control (e.g. weather, council work and neighbouring renovations) will not affect the quoted tariff. Ray White Byron Bay cannot accept responsibility for any disturbances or inconvenience guests may experience. If we are aware of any changes that may occur during your stay, we will notify you.
7. Usage of Property: The property is to be used for holiday accommodation only. The use of a property for a party or function are strictly prohibited. It is not to be used to hold a party/gathering/function including business or commercial use; unless agreed with the owner in advance, in writing. Ray White Byron Bay does not rent to groups under the age of 21 without a parent present. This excludes the designated Schoolies weeks in which you must notify the agent at the time of booking for approval and to receive our separate Schoolies Conditions of Letting. As a duty of care to our properties the management reserves the right to refuse any bookings that we feel may be inappropriate or fall across the Schoolies dates. Please be aware these conditions of letting DO NOT apply to SCHOOLIES bookings. Unfortunately, where damage has occurred, the additional cleaning/repairs costs will be charged or deducted from the bond.
8. Holiday Rent: Total rent must be paid 30 days prior to arrival. Non-payment of the balance of deposit will be considered a cancellation to your booking. Access details and keys will not be provided until the full rental costs and signed terms and conditions with credit card authorisation for the booking have been paid.
8. Tariffs Changes: Tariffs are subject to change without notice. Changes include property upgrade/renovations, festivals and events, owner request, or genuinely misquoted accommodation tariffs.
9. Items left at property: If items are left at a property, guests are required to send a postage paid, return addressed envelope to the office for the items to be returned. Return costs and tracking of items are the guest’s responsibility.
10. Additional Terms: Some properties or bookings (i.e Schoolies accepted properties) may have additional terms and conditions, a copy of which will be given prior to your stay.
11. Owner/Agent withdrawal & unforeseen circumstances: All bookings are made in good faith of ongoing holiday letting by owners however maybe subject to change and Ray White Byron Bay cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner(s) of the property which are outside its control. Reasonable actions will be made by Ray White Byron Bay to offer alternative accommodation should this occur. In the event that the property booked is listed for sale, the guest agrees to allow the owner or agent to inspect the property with the prospective purchasers, by appointment and during reasonable hours.
12. Inspections: During your stay, we may require access to the property to carry out an inspection for maintenance, or for a sales inspection. We will give prior & reasonable notice and arrange a suitable time for you. If this inspection is required it cannot be refused.
13. Check out and Departure: Check-in is available from 2pm on the day of arrival. Check-out is 10.00am on the day of departure. Ray White Byron Bay accommodate requests for early check-in/late check-out when possible however they are subject to availability and fees may apply. Despite any early applications, approval will only be granted 1-2 days prior to entry/departure if available. Early requests do not guarantee early access/late checkout unless a full day’s rate is paid.
Guests are required to contact our office 1-2 working days prior to the date of the early check-in/late check-out to make final arrangements which will be recorded in the booking details.
Keys should be returned to the agent immediately upon departure. Keys must be returned after hours through the key return slot in the left side of office front door. The premises and grounds are to be left in a clean, tidy and secure condition.
14. Number of Persons: The number of guests must not exceed number specified in the booking and failure to adhere to this may incur additional fees. Excessive noise, parties and functions are not permitted as they can cause disruption to neighbours as well as nearby resident. If an unauthorised function is held at the property the bond processed for the booking will be retained and additional fees may apply. No noise between 10pm and 8am with no excessive noise at any other time. Clear spas, decks and pools between 10pm and 8am. Noise means not one neighbour is woken by any means, particularly noise on arrivals and departures.
15. Self-Contained Holiday Accommodation and Linen: Linen and towels are provided at all properties with the exception of The Beach Bungalow, Carinya, Gilmore Court 3, 6/15 Kipling Street, Palm Valley Drive 1/2/3. Beach towels are not provided. For additional items during your stay you may phone Byron Bay Holiday Hire 02 6685 6247 (extra linen, beach towels, cots, highchairs).
16. Pets: We have a limited number of properties that are pet friendly with an additional $500 added the security bond and only if pre-arranged with and approved by Ray White Byron Bay. The following Pet friendly terms and conditions must be agreed to. All pets are to remain outside, however small breeds may be allowed inside if approved. Guests must ensure their pet:
Is groomed and cleaned to avoid moulting, has had up to date worming, flea treatments, vaccinations and trimmed nails
Does not jump up on beds, furniture or rugs (indoors or outdoors) and dogs are not allowed in any pools
Is not left unattended as excessive barking may result in complaints from neighbours. If noise complaints are received and the pet cannot be quietened, guests will be required to remove the dog from the property at their own expense.
Droppings must be removed and placed in correct garbage bins provided before departure.
Additional cleaning charges may apply should pet hair, urine, fleas or any evidence (including smell) of the pet be left behind when guests leave, and any damages caused will be deducted by bond.
Ray White Byron Bay accepts no responsibility for death of, loss of, injury or sickness to pets during the accommodation period - full and sole responsibility for the pet and its actions lie with the pet owner and upon acceptance of terms and conditions the guest agree that no legal action (including payment of veterinary accounts) will be taken against the landlord and that no discussion will be entered into.
17. Noise: The Holiday Letting Organisation operate a noisy neighbour hotline in Byron Bay who respond to noise complaints by neighbours, residents, and other holiday makers. If a complaint of excessive noise or anti-social behaviour is received, security will be dispatched to investigate and may result in a $200 call-out charge. A report will be received by Ray White Byron Bay office with information as to whether a fee has been charged. This fee will be taken from the guest’s security deposit and is non-negotiable. If a second security call-out with fee payable is received at any time during a guest’s stay, all guests at the premises will be evicted from the premises by security without refund of rent or bond.
18. Callout: If a staff member is called out (for example a noise complaint, key issue) an $80 callout fee will be incurred by the tenant. Call outs after 9.00pm will incur a $165 callout fee. This amount will be deducted from you bond.
19. Breaches: Any breach of this agreement allows us to refuse keys/entry to the property, amend the rent or terminate the occupancy at our sole discretion. If Ray White Byron Bay believes that you are in breach of these conditions, we may inspect the property at any time without notice.
20. Keys: Keys can be collected and must be returned to our main office at 15 Fletcher Street, Byron Bay. Our business hours are MON-FRI 9am to 5pm, SAT 9am to 4pm, SUN office is closed. For after hour’s collection we use a key safe which is located to the right hand side of our office doors. To open, enter the code, your keys will be in an envelope clearly marked with the booking name. Code can be obtained by calling the office on 02 6685 6222. Please make sure the safe is closed securely once your keys have been collected. For after-hours return of keys we have an after-hours return slot in our front door. If any guest keys are lost or misplaced, ALL locks for that property must be changed by a locksmith at a cost [in the vicinity of $150 to $800] to the holiday guest. All guests are to maintain the security of the property at all times.
21. Repairs & maintenance: During your stay, we endeavour to have repairs to appliances and other maintenance attended to as soon as possible after being reported. Due to circumstances beyond our control however (e.g. non-availability of trade’s people or parts) immediate repair may not always be possible. No responsibility is accepted by the agent or owner in this circumstance. There will be no refunds or discounts offered for unusable appliances awaiting repair. If repairs cannot be attended to we will do our best to supply a substitute appliance if possible.
22. Damages, Extra Cleaning & Charges:
Excess Cleaning: Ray White Byron Bay requests guests to leave the property as it was found to avoid extra cleaning charges. This includes washing dishes and placing these back where they belong, placing rubbish in the outside bins and cleaning the BBQ. Cleaning contractors will strip beds, clean floors, surfaces and bathrooms, however excessively dirty walls/floors/surfaces and linen will be charged.
Damages: In the event of breakages, damages and lost items, Ray White Byron Bay requests that guests contact the office to report the incident as soon as possible. Damages may be deducted from bond (or credit card supplied if the charges are higher than the bond processed).
Movement of Items Within/Between Properties: Ray White Byron Bay has a strict policy on moving items or furniture (indoor and/or outdoor) within a property, or in the case of bookings across multiple properties, from house to house. Any damages/excess cleaning caused by movement of items or furniture will be taken from bond.
Internet: Some properties provide wireless internet for guests for the purpose of email, perusing social media, and web browsing. Usage is not unlimited and is monitored by Ray White Byron Bay. Excess usage may be charged and deducted from bond.
23. Garbage: Byron Bay has a 3 bin collection service for organic waste, recycling, and general (landfill) waste. Information is provided at each property to assist guests in sorting rubbish appropriately. Bins are checked prior to each arrival and after each departure. Contaminated bins will not be collected and a private contractor will be organised to remove the bin contents and charges will be deducted from bond. This also applies if bins are not put out for collection where required. Ray White Byron Bay requests guests put all rubbish in the appropriate bins provided outside no later than the night before collection (indicated in the property compendium). Please ensure bin lids are closed. Some properties have a service where the outdoor bins are put out for guests – this will also be indicated in the property compendium.
24. Parking: Each property listing available on the relevant Ray White Byron Bay website outlines the number of off-street parks available and number of cars permitted at the property. On-street parking is not provided or guaranteed for guests or visitors. Ray White Byron Bay cannot be held responsible or liable for any fines or penalties incurred by guests or visitors from parking on the street. Please note, metered parking has been implemented throughout the Byron Bay town centre and surrounding residential area as of Dec 2015 (see the map for paid parking time limits on the Byron Bay Council website at http://www.byron.nsw.gov.au).
25. Smoking is not permitted in any of our properties. Any damages/ excess cleaning caused by smoking inside the premises will be taken from bond.
26. Insurance: no responsibility is taken for guests belongings left on the premise. Landlords insurance does not cover loss or damage to guest’s personal property. Guests’ actions, conduct and safety are the responsibility of the guests. The agent and owner(s) of this property do not condone: unsafe, irresponsible or illegal actions/behaviour etc. on or off the premises, during a stay or at any other time. A condition of entering and/or staying at this property means that all guests understand and agree to indemnify the agent and owner(s) against any responsibility or action(s) (legal or other), due to any action(s), incident(s), loss or injury(s) while on the premises (including, but not limited to, the grounds, facilities, structures, etc.) during a stay or at any other time.
27. Note: Ray White Byron Bay reserves the right to alter, cancel or change any of these Terms and Conditions according to any changes in the holiday market, Legislation, or by request of property owners and Body corporate at any time without notice.
Guests are agreeing to these terms and conditions when a booking is confirmed and payment is made. Any breach of the above conditions of letting, as agreed by both parties, permits the owner or Ray White Byron Bay to refuse entry, amend the rent or immediately terminate the letting.